For the Chicken:
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• salt and pepper
For the relish:
• 2 tablespoons white Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
• 2 ripe nectarines, sliced thin
• 1/4 of a red onion, sliced very thin
• Fresh Basil for garnish
1. Place the chicken breasts in a large zip-lock bag. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Seal and toss the chicken in the marinade to coat. Set aside.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high. Clean the grates and lightly oil to prevent sticking.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper. Add the sliced nectarines and onion. Toss to combine and set aside while grilling the chicken.
4. Grill the chicken until done through - about 5 - 6 minutes on each side. Serve topped with the nectarine and onion relish and fresh chopped basil or small basil leaves.