• 2 tbsp. butter
• 3 lbs. Sendik’s beef stew meat
• 1 large yellow onion, diced
• 4 large carrots, cut into bite size pieces
• 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into cubes
• 1/3 cup Martinelli’s apple cider
• 3 tbsp. tomato paste
• 3 cups beef broth
• 1 tsp. ground black pepper
• ½ tbsp. sea salt
• 2 bay leaves
• parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
1. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add the butter to the pan and once melted begin adding the beef in a single layer. Sauté until browned on all sides. Don't crowd the pan, cook beef in batches if needed. Remove meat and set aside.
3. In the same skillet, sauté the onion until lightly browned.
4. Transfer the meat, onions, and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Set it on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
5. When finished, remove bay leaves and season to taste. Garnish with parsley.