• 9 oz. German Spaetzle Dumplings
• 1 large onion, julienne sliced
• 1-1/2 cups Gruyere, shredded
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons heavy cream
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium pot, cook the Spaetzle according to the package directions. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and add the chopped onion. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until onion becomes lightly caramelized. Stirring frequently. When the onions are ready, remove from heat and set aside.
3. WIn a 9 x 9 baking dish, place Spaetzel, cooked onions, and 3/4 of the cheese. Mix to combine and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melty and bubbly.